Request a Free Consultation

Anoka Attorney With Over 30 Years’ Experience in Car Accident Cases

If you are involved in a car accident in Minnesota, multiple different laws and court procedures can affect how much the insurance company pays. Matters can feel confusing and overwhelming, and many people give up without getting the compensation they deserve.

You need an experienced attorney to protect your rights—someone who fully understands the law and process and who has helped others in situations like yours.

Attorney Mark Malzahn

The law firm of Malzahn Law, Ltd., has more than 30 years of experience helping people throughout Minnesota who have been injured in car accidents. We know the various laws, including Minnesota’s no-fault law, and what steps to take to get the best possible outcome.

We can help you recover fair compensation for any and all injuries sustained after an accident, including:

  • Whiplash
  • Neck and back injuries
  • Head trauma and brain injuries
  • Spine injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Wrongful death of a family member

Helping You Recover the Full and Fair Compensation You Deserve

You are entitled to full and fair compensation after suffering injuries in a car accident or any other type of accident in Minnesota. Minnesota’s no-fault law allows you to recover a variety of costs and financial losses, including:

  • Medical expenses, from doctor and hospitalization to prescription and mileage reimbursement for travel to medical facilities and care providers
  • Compensation for loss of income, at a rate of 85% of your loss of gross income to a maximum of $500 per week
  • Compensation for household services that you cannot perform, such as housecleaning, lawn work and snow removal

We will fight hard to ensure your insurance company and the at-fault driver’s insurance company pay the compensation you deserve to help you move forward after your accident.

The First 5 Things to Do Following an Accident

Seek Proper Medical Attention

Seek proper medical attention. Car accident injuries can range from minor to catastrophic. Regardless, it is important that you seek proper medical attention immediately following a car accident. There may be hidden or imperceptible injuries which are not immediately apparent that can become serious or even life-threatening. Additionally, the sooner a person obtains proper medical care and treatment, the sooner the healing process begins and the more effective it becomes. For further discussion on this topic including compensation for medical bills, see our information on Minnesota No-fault Law.

Notify The Police

It is proper to summon the police to an accident scene as soon as possible. The police are trained to respond immediately to begin the process of caring for any injury. Thereafter, the accident scene is secured to prevent further accidents, and then an on scene investigation is commenced to determine how the accident occurred. By law the police are required to complete an official State Traffic Accident Report form. This form is used by every insurance carrier for numerous reasons including verifying that an accident took place, determining the parties involved, and reaching an initial determination as to which party was at fault for the cause of the accident. Once the police arrive on the scene and the initial physical health/injury concerns have been addressed, be sure to explain to the responding law enforcement officer the proper measures you took to avoid an accident, and the conduct of the other involved driver which led to what caused your accident.

Obtain Photographs

Photographs are a vital piece of evidence in every accident case. It is recommended that photographs of the damage to all of the involved vehicles be obtained prior to their repair. Normally 10 – 20 photographs should be taken using a camera with color film. The photographs should be immediately developed (one hour) to verify they are of high quality. If not, the process should be repeated. It is also suggested that a minimum of 20 photographs be obtained of the accident scene. Often times this is quite helpful when explaining or retelling the story of the accident many months, if not years later.

Do Not Give a Recorded Statement

Regardless of whether you were fault-free, it is important that you do not initially give a recorded statement to any insurance company. This includes your own insurance company as well as the other involved driver’s. Your own policy of automobile insurance requires that you cooperate, and provide a statement at their request. However, it is suggested that prior thereto you simply consult with an attorney. Insurance companies are professionals as they are involved in the business of auto accidents every day throughout the year. Many times they do not have your best interest at heart, and by providing a recorded statement, you could be innocently, and unknowingly harming your case. Consequently, the best approach is to obtain a free legal consultation before speaking with insurance representatives.

Consult With a Personal Injury Attorney

Consult with a personal injury attorney. When faced with a car accident, a person is immediately faced with making numerous important decisions regarding their own physical health, financial welfare, and very possibly the welfare of their loved ones. Complicating this decision-making process is the competing interests involved, namely, the other involved parties, their insurance company, and your insurance company as well. Under these circumstances, many people are naive, never having been through this process before. The best approach when faced with all of the above is to make an informed decision. For a free consultation, contact the personal injury law firm of Malzahn Law, Ltd. for help – we’re on your side.

Do You Have a Car Crash Case? Call for a Free Consultation.

If you have been hurt in a car crash, schedule a free consultation with a lawyer. At Malzahn Law, we offer free consultations. You will have your case evaluated by a top personal injury lawyer in Minnesota without worrying about the cost of quality representation.

Get the answers you need to make the right decision about your case. Call us at 763-421-2160 or email us to get started.